PureAudio™ USB Array Microphone with Raspberry Pi 3 Bundle
Andrea Electronics is a certified OEM microphone technology partner for IBM Watson™ Assistant Solutions
Andrea array microphone technology improves Watson speech recognition word error rate accuracy by almost 50% over competitive far-field noise canceling microphones when used in real world noisy environments.
PureAudio™ USB Array: The Ultimate Raspberry Pi 3 Microphone
When it comes to your IoT devices, Andrea’s got the powerful “ears” that can hear you, even in extremely noisy environments. That’s why we are used in millions of computers, police cruisers, robots, virtual teller machines (VTMs), customer service kiosks, intercom systems, and fast food restaurant drive thru order posts.
Our patented digital beam forming and adaptive noise cancellation signal processing enables accurate far-field speech recognition from up to 14 feet away.
What you get in the PureAudio™ USB Array Microphone with R-Pi3 Bundle:
- A stereo Array-PA microphone with tripod
- A high fidelity USB-PA external digital sound card providing stereo input and output 3.5mm jacks
- Raspberry Pi3 with: Sense Hat LED display, 8 Gigabyte SD memory Card, AC power supply, Plastic Case and a 3.5mm Aux. audio cable for a portable loudspeaker connection (speakers not included).
- Preloaded Raspberry Pi OS and our patented award winning; DSDA beam forming, PureAudio noise reduction, EchoStop fullduplex acoustic echo cancelation and Far-Field Enhancement Filters software.
Note: This software only runs on the Andrea PureAudio™ USB-PA sound card and the Raspberry Pi 3.
Click here to download spec sheet.
The audio software allows any developer the ability to add clean audio to their application.
This is achieved by an audio filter library, which provides the following functionality:
- Handles capturing the microphone input from the USB-PA device.
- Handles sending the audio to be played out the USB-PA device.
- Filters the input audio with beam forming, noise reduction and acoustic echo cancellation to provide clean audio in noisy environments.
- Enabling voice command barge-in when audio is playing out the speakers.
- Optionally, provides the filtered input audio buffers to the main application.
PureAudio™ USB Array Microphone & Raspberry Pi for Voice Recognition
For developers looking to enable the Raspberry Pi 3 for voice recognition, a high-performance microphone and advanced noise-canceling software are vital for optimal performance and successful trigger-phrase detection.
A common problem with trigger-phrase detection is being able to detect the trigger-phrase when music is playing out of the speaker, located near the microphone. This is known as barging-in to the music in order to speak commands to the device.
The data below documents how Andrea’s audio filters significantly improve the barge-in performance of any speech recognition device, making the PureAudio™ Array Microphone the ideal Raspberry Pi 3 microphone.
ANDREA vs ECHO
Compare the performance of Andrea’s audio filters on the Raspberry Pi 3 vs the Amazon Echo in far-field operation.
ANDREA vs INTEL
Compare the performance of Andrea’s audio filters on the Raspberry Pi 3 vs the Intel Speech Enabling Developer Kit.